- Introduction: What is Selenite and Where Does it Come From?
- What is a selenite wand?
- Using a Selenite Wand for Cleaning other Crystals
- Using a Selenite Wand for Grounding
- How to Use Selenite Wands for Powerful Healing
- Looking after your Selenite Wand
- Can I wash my Selenite Wand?
- Selenite’s Wealth & Prosperity Properties
- Selenites Relationship Properties
- Conclusion: Selenite Metaphysical Properties
Introduction: What is Selenite and Where Does it Come From?
|Color||White, gray, brown, peach, translucent|
|Chakra||Third Eye and Crown Chakras|
|Planet||Moon (due to its association with lunar energy)|
|Origin||Commonly mined in Morocco or Mexico, with some varieties found in Canada and US|
|Meaning||Selenite imparts peaceful energy, aids in divine communication, and connects to feminine lunar energy|
|Mohr Hardness||2 (very soft and friable)|
|Zodiac Sign||Not specified|
Selenites are a type of gypsum crystal that can be found in many locations around the world. They are typically white in color and are often sought after for their beauty and soothing properties. They can be clear or opaque, sometimes white or even yellow. Gypsum is very common and can be found in many places around the world including the United States, Brazil, and Morocco.
Famiously, huge gypsum crystals were found in the Giant Crystal Cave in Naica, Mexico
You don’t normally find them this big!
There are a few common types of selenites that are part of this group:
- satin spar
- desert rose.
They are all same chemical composition but have different forms. The form most commonly sold is satin spar.
Selenite is a mineral that has been used for healing, crystal work, and spiritual practices for centuries. Selenite has a variety of uses. It can be used for healing to alleviate physical or emotional ailments. It is also a powerful tool for meditation and spiritual practices as it offers protection, promotes healing, and calms the mind. Traditionally selenite has been used to protect against negative energies and entities.
What is a selenite wand?
Traditionally wands are made from wood, usually from a specific tree species, and contain certain animal parts, or crystals. Its primaey focus is to direct energy and focus. A selenite wand is a stick or lenth of selenite. You may aso find them in the shape of an obelisk and these serve the same function – namely to focus and manipulate energy.
Wands are used in many different ways. They can be used to heal and to do magic. In the rest of this article, we will explore the healing and other benefits of this crystal wand.
Using a Selenite Wand for Cleaning other Crystals
Selenite can also be used to purify and cleanse other crystals by either placing next to them or using them to direct cleansing energies towards the target crystal channeling the energy through the selenite wand.
Using a Selenite Wand for Grounding
Grounding exercises are important because they help people to be present in the moment. They also help them to feel more grounded and connected to their body.
Selenite wands are made of natural crystals that have been formed by the evaporation of salty water. They are good for promoting a sense of connection with the earth and grounding you to this plane of existence
Try these following steps:
- Step 1: Take long slow breaths
- Step 2: Point the tip of the wand towards the earth
- Step 3: Imagine energy and light flowing from above, and into the crystal
- Step 4: Visualize the energy flowing from the crystal down to deep within the earth
How to Use Selenite Wands for Powerful Healing
Selenite is a crystal that is often used for healing and spirituality. It has a calming effect on the mind and body, making it perfect for meditation and healing.
Selenite can be used to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. It can also be used to promote better sleep if placed nearby the sleeper. Selenite is also believed to help with healing from physical ailments such as headaches and stomach aches.
There are many ways to use a selenite wand: But the basic process involves in connecting to the stone and directing your energy through it.
- Rub it on your body in circular motions to clear and balance chakras and remove stagnant energy
- Hold it downward to the earth during meditation for grounding
- Turn it up towards the sky during meditation to cleanse and to remove negative energies
- Tap it on your head or chest while chanting affirmations or prayers
- Create an aura around you by holding it in both hands and imaging a shield of while light enveloping you
- Hold the selenite wand in your hand and close your eyes. Then focus on any issues that you might have been experiencing in your life, such as stress or anxiety and imagine the crystal gently soothing them and any negative energies away
Looking after your Selenite Wand
Selenite has a very low score of about 2 on the Mohs hardness scale. For context, a diamond has a hardness of 10, glass 5 and wood 1. This means that your crystal wand is super soft and can be scratched with your finger nail! It would be sensible to wrap your crystal and not store it with other harder crystals to prevent damage.
Can I wash my Selenite Wand?
Gypsum is soluable in water so you should avoid using water with your crystal. Do not soak your selenite crystal as it may dissolve if left in water. Do not use acid or abrasive or other products on it as it is fairly delicate.
Selenite’s Wealth & Prosperity Properties
Selenite is a mineral that helps with prosperity and wealth as it has properties that help with the flow of money and prosperity.
Selenites Relationship Properties
Selenites is a gemstone that has been used for centuries to help relationships. It is believed that selenite metaphysical properties can balance the energy of the body and bring peace to relationships.
- The properties of selenites are:
- It can balance the energy of the body and bring peace to relationships.
- It’s said to be able to help people with skin problems, like acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- Selenites is also said to be good for people who are grieving or have lost loved ones because it helps them process their feelings in a healthy way.
Conclusion: Selenite Metaphysical Properties
In conclusion, there are many selenite metaphysical properties. It can be used for a variety of purposes and practices. Selenites can be used to cleanse the space and as a grounding stone. Selenites are also said to help with emotional healing and provide protection from negative energy.
They can be used to purify and cleanse spaces, to create an energy field, to promote peace and tranquility, or to explore the spiritual realms.
Selenite is also often used as a tool for meditation because it can help you find your center and get in touch with your spiritual side.
Owing to its array of uses and being able buy it easily and fairly cheaply it may be one you consider buying or adding to your collection